Volunteer Informaton Page (the VIP!)
WELCOME TO THE VBS VOLUNTEER PAGE FOR ZILLAH NAZARENE'S ROAR VBS, SUMMER 2021
Each year, people like you play such an important role in VBS! It is our chance to teach the kids of our community, have fun with them, and show them love. Thank you for your willingness to be a part of the "village" it takes to put this thing on!
VBS: AUGUST 2, 3, & 4, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. at Zillah Nazarene Church
(NOTE: Remind is a free message app/site that allows Mrs. Brant to contact you as a group without sharing cell numbers or having to put them all in individually. It is private, free, and will only be used for VBS volunteer business. If you have concerns, contact Mrs. Brant)GET READY TO SAIL! CHURCH DECORATION AND TEAM LEADER AREA SET UP JULY 31 AT 10 AM
- Team leaders: We will learn procedures and schedule, get our leader t shirts, and decorate the sanctuary, lobby and downstairs so we are ready for the kids!
- Station Leaders: You need to decorate your space.
Night #1 (AUG. 2): Volunteers arrive by 5:45 p.m. in your gear. Be ready to help with the BUSY registration time and getting kids to their crews before we start singing! Station leaders go to their station and make sure they are prepped for stations. You do three a night.
Nights 2, 3 (AUG 3 AND 4): Be there 6:00. Same basic schedule: get attendance taken and to registration table, be with your kids during the opening, lead them through stations, and come back up for the big finale! After your name tags and area is organized, you can go on Tuesday. ON WEDNESDAY: After we finish with kids, all hands on deck to clean up! ( Ice cream follows! We usually finish before 10 p.m.)
TO DO BEFORE VBS: Team leaders
1. Make sure you are good for all of the above dates. If not, let Mrs. Brant or Mr. Schoonover know so they can find coverage--we can't have teams or areas left alone!
2. Come up with clothes that fit the ocean--nautical colors (blues, whites, reds) and any other cool oceanic accessories you can come up with
Note: We have some hats and such leftover from other years if you need one of those. Get them July 31
3. Learn the songs! The opening and closing sessions have lots of cool songs--but we leaders need to know them if the kids are going to have fun singing them. See below for a YOU TUBE playlist of the songs! Station leaders: Be sure you have the supplies you need for all of your lessons.
4. MOST IMPORTANT:
- ON YOUR PHONE (OR COMPUTER), JOIN THE GROUP MESSAGE REMIND FOR VBS:
- (NOTE: Remind is a free message app/site that allows Mrs. Brant to contact you as a group without sharing cell numbers or having to put them all in individually. It is private, free, and will only be used for VBS volunteer business. If you have concerns, contact Mrs. Brant). Note: if already on Remind, the code is @znazv.